Monday, June 13, 2011

Hot Springs Resort- Plymouth Utah

The DAY Brad was out of school we packed up the trailer and went camping with Grandma and Grandpa moose. Plymouth is only about 35-40 minutes away from Richmond so it was an easy drive. Randy couldn't join us until Saturday night because he had school. He was nice enough to take the trailer to the campsite the night before so we could get away.





The first day we were there alone with Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice to have some one on one time with them.



The kids couldn't wait to get in the Hot Springs. The water was a perfect 99 degrees.





Brad loved to ride his bike down the grassy hillside. He did it over and over again. It made us all laugh.







Later that day Aunt Becky, Uncle Richard, and their kids joined us.



Goofing around in Grandma's trailer playing games.





Claire spent the entire weekend searching for bugs. Rochelle helped her find some really big nasty ones. She was so proud of them and loved showing everyone. Every night she would let them go then catch more the next day.



...funny story.... My mom told me that my dad was in charge of packing his OWN clothes for this trip. Apparently he forgot to pack pants. They had to go to the local hardware store and all they could find were these sweet overalls. Don't worry we teased him ALL weekend.






Aaron and Lisa joined us Friday night as well. Thank goodness...my kids needed their kids for entertainment.



We had a fire with every imaginable s'more fixing. My favorite was the peanut-butter cup s'more.





The kids were not interested in the fire. They were more interested in the snack table. At least they played hard enough to still go to sleep that night despite the sugar rush.



After we had enough of the marshmallows we moved on to milk and graham crackers. Brad and Rochelle brought yummy Rosehill milk. I think I drank a half gallon all by myself.



Cute little Jake enjoying the fire.





The next day the kids spent most of the time on the playground and in the pool. Poor little Jake did a nose dive off the slide and scared us all to death. He didn't seem to mind too much. He is still smiling away.



Randy joined us Saturday night. My mom and dad made dutch oven chicken,potatoes, rolls, and cake for dinner.
Sunday morning we packed up and headed home. It was a MUCH needed vacation. Thanks mom and dad for the fun time.

2 comments:

Annette said...

That sounds like so much fun. I didn't know there was a resort over there. We'll have to check it out. I swear my dad has the exact same overalls! I'm glad you had a good vacation!

Darcie said...

Jenny, Looks like a great time. Guess what? My family used to own that resort. We sold it to Camper World in 2003. I worked there my whole life, its where I learned to be a hard worker. I am so glad that people are still enjoying it. We go golfing and swimming there still.