Monday, September 24, 2012

Claire's First Day of Preschool

Claire started preschool at Little Rascals with Mrs. Jaci a few weeks ago.  She was so excited to get all dressed up and ready to go with her backpack. 




After I snapped a few pictures on the porch she started walking down the driveway. When I asked her where she was going she said..."Duh Mom.!! To school! "  


She thought she was walking to Brad's school. Somehow she thought she was starting Kindergarten with all her friends. She was disappointed when she found out we weren't walking but driving to Smithfield. 


Once we got there she was totally excited to see Mrs. Jaci and all the familiar things in the classroom. Mrs. Jaci is awesome.


She was especially excited to see some of her friends from last year. And some new friends this year. 

When I came to pick her up Mrs. Jaci told me that Claire told her she was so sad. When Mrs. Jaci asked her why she said, "I only get to spend one day with you, then I have to go to Kindergarten."  
Both Mrs. Jaci and I are trying to help her understand that she gets to spend one more year in preschool then start Kindergarten next year. 

Poor Claire...she just can't understand why she has to wait to go to Kindergarten. All her friends started this year. She has a November birthday so she has to start next year. 
She loves school and learning. Every morning she wakes up and asks me if it is a school day. She also loves to be read to and play pretend school. She is so smart and social.

1 comment:

Sara said...

She is getting so big! And I went to school with Jaci! She is a sweetheart!