Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A mental sick day


Since we have been running and running and running our bodies and minds are exhausted. We took a mental health day and did nothing. We slept in until about 8:30 and I fixed eggs Benedict for Breakfast. (YEA!!! no cold cereal) Randy had a lot of studying to do so the kids helped with the laundry...



We ate really good crunchy tuna with sprouts for lunch. (We have been eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly so this was a nice change.)Claire LOVED the sprouts. She ate an entire carton for lunch. She left nothing behind except the one little piece in her hair.







Our new house is starting to feel like our own. We painted the house this last weekend with a TON of help from our family. It looks so much better. Our families are so great and we really can't express how much we appreciate them. I can't wait until the tables turn and we can serve another member of the family. I am sick of always being the needy ones. I am sure people cringe every time they see our name on the caller ID. We have been living in Richmond on the weekends then driving home Sunday night to stay with Steve and Kari during the week. Most of the furniture and boxes are moved. The BIG projects are done. Now we can start making it our home. We are going up again this weekend to do some touch up on the paint. I will post some pics this weekend.

I have fallen in love with our neighborhood. There are a lot of kids on our street Brad's age. He always asks me how many sleeps until he can see his Logan friends. He is going to love it there. I love waking up to birds. I love hearing the cows moo in the distance while we sit on our porch at night. I love hearing tractors in the middle of the day. I love the farmer that sits behind us in Sunday School and relates everything to a harvest or a plant. He also says "you just gotta do what your are suppoda do". I love the people there. They are so kind and excited to welcome us there. I look down the street and see the community that is going to help me raise my children and my heart is at peace that I made the right decision.

4 comments:

Andrea Campbell said...

I'm so happy for you guys. Small town life is the best! Maybe someday we'll head somewhere like that. Can't wait to see the house.

Rachel said...

I'm so exceited for you! What a blessing. You all deserve it :)

Taren said...

How sweet. I love that you are so happy.

katie said...

I must come see this house. Think i could get Mike to transfer? I'd kind of need him to move with me.