Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day- High Creek

My mom has been here the last few weeks to help me watch my kids. My dad decided to come up for the weekend to go camping in High Creek.





The first night was stormy wet and cold. We mostly stayed in the trailers, ate junk food and drank hot chocolate. Luckily the sun came out for the rest of the trip and we soaked up some good fresh mountain air.







When Randy's mom was here last she helped make the kids this tee-pee. Or as Claire called it her Pee Pee. It was fun to listen to the kids play make believe in the tent.









We were camped next to some of our neighbors. The boys rode bikes almost the entire time and the girls went from activity to activity giggling and being silly. I am glad they were there so the kids could entertain each other.





Doesn't she look relaxed???



We ate a TON!!!!



My dad wore a pair of binoculars the entire weekend. He watched the mountain side all day. He was watching the deer elk, and the wild turkeys. Brad finally got the hang of looking through the spotting scope and loved seeing things up close. My dad was even searching the river for wildlife.













My mom took the kids on a bug hunt. They pulled up rocks and logs looking for bugs. Claire like the idea of picking up a bug or worm but when it came down to it she made Bradley do it.









On Sunday afternoon Matt and Tori came up for a visit. Randy's parents also stopped by for dinner Sunday night. After dinner our neighbors Melissa and Todd came for the camp fire. We had quite the crowd. It was really fun.













I love this picture. Usually Claire follows Sammy around pulling her by the tail. This time Sammy followed Claire trying to sneak a bite of her smore.



We had a really fun weekend. It is always hard to pack up and come back to reality.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I hear ya about the coming back to reality! We were up at the cabin for the weekend and I really could have just stayed until next week when we have the baby! It is always nice to get away. Looks like you all had a ton of fun.

Marcy M Miller said...

Looks like you guys had fun camping!! But I heard you where the only member of the presidency at church on Sunday- how did you manage that?

Kam said...

Fun!! We should really try to go camping together sometime...I miss you!! :(

natalie spratling said...

Love catching up on your adventures with your family. Bruce ran in to your family of all places at the Article Circle in Midvale...Parker wanted to try their shakes. Bruce said it was so great to see them and to visit and catch up.
We sure miss you and your family. Life was so simple back then...almost 13 years ago. How time flies. We are now enjoying our own teenagers where at one time we were blessed with you, katie and Annie.

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

We are so glad you let us crash your camping trip. We have so much fun hanging out with you guys. I love the picture of Sammy and Claire with the s'more. It was the cutest thing ever.

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

It was fun to read up on your life.. I love to look at pictures.. I love that you always have them.. I really need to be better about that! I loved seeing you guys on sunday!!! And playing with claire and brad a little after you guys left. Can't wait to see you again! - I'm hoping soon :D Love you guys!

The Hood's said...

You always do the funnest things! We are so anxious to get out camping, it's just been so cold, and we tent it! I can't wait until we can afford a trailer, then we can hit so many more spots!
The kids are darling as usual!

Steph said...

Best food I ever had was camping with your folks at girls camp. Inside out grilled cheese?! Child please!!