Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Visitors

My brother Eric and his wife Natalie had a funeral to attend in Idaho. Brad and Claire got to spend the day with their cousins. We had such a fun day babysitting.

In the morning we took a big walk around. We looked at cows and horses. Whitnee told me that our city was like a big Wheeler Farm. It made me laugh. We then went to the Richmond City Farmers Market. They had a pony there that stayed right by the fence to let the kids pet him. My niece Kirsten is deathly allergic to a plethora of things. Of course being an excellent Aunt and sitter I completely forgot this MAJOR detail and encouraged all the kids to "pet the pony kids, pet the pony!!!" Within minutes her face was completely swollen and red. I freaked out. Thank goodness benadryl did the trick. When she was little I took her to a fair. I actually put her on a pony ride. You would think I would have learned from the first experience. Duh!!!!



When we got home I let the kids run through the sprinklers to burn off some of their extra energy. (They had a LOT of energy) I think we only burned off a tip of the iceberg. It is amazing how much energy kids have.















After a while the kids got cold and their teeth were chattering and their lips were a hue of gray. (We have not yet caught up to SLC warmer weather.) The kids laid on the driveway trying to extract some of the heat from the concrete.



When Eric and Natalie got back to the house we piled all the kids in the back of the truck and took them to the park for dinner.





After dinner we settled the kids on the futon for a movie so the adults could visit and sneak Casper's shakes without having to share.



We had a great time visiting and playing. I have such fun memories spending time with my cousins. It is fun to watch the table turn and see my kids enjoying their time with their cousins.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah, those girls make me tired just watching them play around. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun!

Annie said...

how fun! we didn't play much with our cousins growing up. i feel sort of gipped! eric and natalie's girls are so cute, as are your kids:)

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad it all turned out okay!

It was so good to see you guys on sunday! your kids are so stinkin' cute! I love them!

I'm going to weber tomorrow! I'll have to try and text ya and let you know how it goes....

Amber Ada Reimann Burns said...

Dirty, dirty, leaving those kids out of shakes. I love it! The pic of the kids on the drive-way is my favorite. What fun.