Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bear Lake

For one last hurrah before school started, Randy and I took the kids to Bear Lake. Kamie’s parents have a cabin on the lake and they so graciously invited us to join them for the weekend. We took up some snowmobiles. The first night we got there it was almost dark. We didn’t have time to take them anywhere so we putted around the Cabin. Randy dragged Brad and Matt on a sled hooked to the snowmobile. Brad thought it was great. However I am not sure how Matt got roped into being Brad’s chauffeur. On the way back Brad ditched the sled and hoped on the snowmobile with dad leaving Matt to be a lone rider. Poor Matt.


This was Claire’s first experience in the snow. Have you ever seen a Christmas Story??? She was not amused with the ultra bundling. She could barely move.




The next day we took the sleds to Logan Canyon. Brad was spoiled rotten. The boys would pick him up at the bottom of the hill and take him right back to the top. Where was that kind of service when I was little?? I walked up the snowy hill in bare feet. Didn’t all the rest of you do that too? … Kids these days…





Thanks Tim and Kamie for the fun weekend!!! We sure needed a vacation.

7 comments:

Taren said...

I'm sorry I have been a terrible blogger lately. I can't believe you guys moved that fast. I love the dog food pic. My kids play in the dog water at my mom's house. I am sooo jealous you guys got to play at bear lake. It looked like so much fun. We do need to get together before you move away.

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

I agree!! we need to do hang out and play a lot more often! I really do miss it! We need to set it up and do it like once or twice a month! And every other time needs to be a girls night out where we go see a movie and get dinner or something, and then the men can come join us the other months! ha ha but I do want to do it more often! :]

Our Family said...

I've never been to bear lake, but it looks like it was lots of fun! Could Claire even walk??

katie said...

We missed you at Lava. Hopefully next year you won't have any plans so you can join us.

The Hood's said...

Looks like so much fun! We love to snowmobile too, although, we don't own any. That's typically the problem we face!! Love little Claire being unable to move! And, yes, kids these days have it so much easier than we ever did!

Stacy said...

I looks like you guys enjoyed your weekend! Bear Lake would be fun to visit, we have only driven through (on our way to Jackson). Clair looks SO happy to be immobile! I love the picture of Brad on the sled!

natalie spratling said...

What a fun getaway. My sister has a place there. It has become one of our favorite spots:)Love the picture of Randy and Brad.