Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Now we can breathe a sigh of relief...

Falling off the posting wagon is rather painful. I still have bruises. It is hard to be out of the loop of my dear friends and family.
We are finally settled in and comfy. If you don’t want to be bored with these details you don’t have to read this post…but I feel I owe an explanation to my children. It was so hard for Brad to pack up his toys and prized possessions and put them in a box just to put them in cold dark storage. It was a whole different story to downsize and give some to the DI.
The day after Christmas Randy and I plopped on the couch like loaves of stale bread and sighed… We were exhausted. This last semester has been really hard on us and the kids. We have been burning the candle at both ends for a really long time. We looked at each other and simultaneously decided that something had to give. As most of you know Randy and I had a second job working at my Uncle’s Carwash. We have been doing it for 5 years. Instead of paying us wage, he let us live in his Duplex while we attended school. It has been such a blessing in our lives. It allowed us to pay for school instead of rent so we didn’t have to get any student loans. Now that Randy is in his last few classes, they have increased in time and intensity. Randy also was called to be in the Bishopric in our ward. Again a huge blessing in our lives, but also very time consuming. Randy still works at the Bank and I still work at the University Hospital. Between work, school, second job, and callings, we decided we needed to eliminate one of them. We determined the best option was to quit our second job. Obviously quitting school was not an option. Since living in the Duplex was our wage we had to move, and since we were between semesters we had to move quickly before the new semester started. We made the decision on Friday quit on Saturday and were packed and moved out by Tuesday. Another reason for the urgency to be out of the duplex was so my uncle could have an empty duplex to offer a new employee.
Leave it to my brother Steven and my fabulous sister Kari to open their arms and home to us. They live in a Condo with 2 extra bedrooms that they so graciously offered to us. (To check it out go HERE). Since we will be buying a home in a few months it seemed like the perfect alternative to finding a small apartment. So we put all our belongings in storage and moved in with my family. It has been so fun. The only drawback is we stay up way to late at night talking and still get no sleep.
This was a very complicated decision for us. We prayed to our Heavenly Father to guide us through this difficult decision. He has poured his blessings so heavily upon our little family. The day we decided Randy called the Bishop in the ward to tell him we would be leaving the ward. The Bishop’s response was simply “I know. The Lord told me that this morning. It was a fleeting thought that crossed my mind. I knew it was coming. ” His response gave my heart peace and reassurance to know that we are doing the right thing. Now we can focus on Randy’s graduation this may, our family, and finding a new job and home in Cache Valley.

9 comments:

Sara said...

WOW! That was quickly decided. Well I understand that being away from the blogging world is hard and I have missed ya. It is good to have you back and I wish you all the best of luck in finishing school and finding a home in Cache Valley.

natalie spratling said...

family is the best! They are always there for us when we need them. Hopefully you will have a few months to breath before moving into your new place. Where is it?

The Hood's said...

God works in mysterious ways! As long as we are in tune and follow His guidance, we will NEVER go wrong! I am so excited for you guys, May will be here so soon. I am very bummed for me and thrilled for you that you will finally be able to make it to Cache Valley! It's been a long time coming! Thanks Heavens for wonderful family!

Rachel said...

That's so great how it all worked out. We will miss you here, but wish you the best!

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Did you know we were going to move to Saratoga Springs?? I really like that area! We need to hangout again...I'll call Randy and schedule an appointment.

mickey said...

Wow Jenny what a deep breath, I am so glad your feeling better. Life's little blessings, may we never forget to count them all. You've taught me a very important lesson tonight, thanks.

I'll miss you at Lava this year, I hope all continues to go well. Best of luck.

I've been off the blog wagon too and I'm running behind but all I can see is the dust. Perhaps tommorow I can get back on and catch up.

take care!

Beck said...

Holy cow! How did you do all of that for so long??? I would've cracked under the pressure ages ago. Glad to hear that you're settled in with Steve and Kari.

BTW- you and the fam did a great job in the ward's Christmas program! That song is one of my favs.

Kim said...

Things always seem to fall into place when you are doing what's right. Best of luck in the next few months.

Stacy said...

It is so nice to know that through the up and downs of life family is still there to support you and lift you up in your time of need! Steve and Kari are so great! I am excited for you to start this new chapter in you life, even if it meant a few crazy days! We need to meet up and hang out on of these days!