Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day

We went to SL to celebrate Pioneer Day. My parents had a BBQ, swimming pool,and fireworks. She made ribs in the dutch oven and grilled corn on the cob. It was tasty. The kids spent most of the day in the swimming pool soaking up the 100 degree weather.

For desert my uncle Matt and Aunt Kristie made Brigham Young's famous cake donuts. I ate at least 5 of them.

Steven lit the fireworks with a blowtorch and gave us quite the firework show.


We had a great weekend!!!

Happy Pioneer Day.

8 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

How fun! Glad you guys got to celebrate. We are kind of boring and really didn't do anything.

Aaron Lisa corbin Jacob and Bennet said...

that was alot of fun, i hope we can see you guys sometime soon.

Rachel said...

Blowtorch? Looks like fun!! :)

Amber Ada Reimann Burns said...

I should've come over it sounds like. Your parents BBQ and Matt on desserts, mmmm. Cute pictures.

Andrea Campbell said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Food with your family is ALWAYS a good thing!

Brad and Rochelle said...

That sounds like tons of fun! Steven and the blowtorch? Why expect anything different? It is always a good time with the family!

Darcie said...

All that food sounds so good. I love summer foods and bbq's. I think you should make some of those donuts and let me try some. Homemade donuts are the best.

Salty Gal said...

You are so cute! You know how dumb I am? Since I live in Idaho I didn't think I had to celebrate this holiday anymore...totally forgetting it's an LDS thing...maybe next year :)