Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Randomness

-I have been on a minor hiatus for the last few weeks. (Computer vacation). Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Usually when I don’t post I at least have time to read blogs. I have not even touched the computer. I think it is healthy to unattended the cyber world occasionally. I am now refreshed and back in the saddle.

-Our REALLY good friends came to spend the night with us 2 weekends ago. It was so good to see them and catch up. I miss them something terrible. We lived next door at the duplex. We spent a lot of time together so it was hard when we moved. We took a long walk with the kids in the evening. We tried to convince them to come and be our next door neighbors again. I think the country roads and beautiful sunset almost convinced them.

-Randy’s parents came to visit last week. They came on Sunday and left Thursday. The kids were so excited when they pulled their trailer in the backyard. They got to come and see Brad’s last T-Ball game. Brad was so cute. Every time he was up to bat he had to look around to make sure Nanny and Papa were watching.

-Claire is starting to talk a lot. Every day she surprises us with a new word or expression. Her new word is “happy” If you make a frowny face, she will get right up close and say happy over and over until you crack a smile. She is also really good at testing her limits. We have started doing time out. She is really good at sitting there with her arms folded but she looks around with a little smirk on her face. I don’t think time outs are going to work with her. We will see.

-Brad loves living here. He has such golden brown skin from spending so much time outdoors. Every night he comes in smelling sweaty and dirty. His toenails are ALWAYS caked in dirt. He is getting excited to go to school this fall. His kindergarten teacher sent him a letter and he can hardly contain his excitement.

-Randy has had a couple of really good job interviews this last week. Keep up the prayers. We are truly seeing the blessings of prayer and faith. I will keep you posted.

-My work is going well. It is still very hard for me to get up and leave my kids every morning. Sometimes it is hard not to complain and stay positive. I am doing my best. I think it has been good for Randy too. I come home and he looks beat. I don’t know what has been more motivating for him to find a job, the kids or the housework. He sometimes looks as though he has been run over by a bus. He is so good with our kids. He is an awesome dad and husband. I just think he is ready to give me back housewife status.

11 comments:

Aaron Lisa corbin Jacob and Bennet said...

i cant wait to see you guys again, it seems like its been forever. let us know when you guyes are coming down, or maybe well have to plan a weekend up there

Kim said...

Love your randomness. Best of luck on the job hunt for Randy.

Jenn said...

Glad things are going well! Miss you!

Rachel said...

Glad you had a nice break, but good to "read" you again :)

Beck said...

I swear that being a "house-husband" for a while makes for a better relationship overall! Glad you've had a nice break!

Beck said...

A break from blogging, I mean! Not from housewife duties, because we all know that would NEVER happen! ;)

Darcie said...

I hope you like working here, we sure love you and I am glad you like living here, I know it take a little adjusting. Being a working mom is such a hard job. Somedays you don't want to make it through, but we always do.

Keli said...

Hey Jen.. I loved reading your post.. Very cute and the kids are fabulous!!!!! Good luck to Randy on the job hunt....

BreeAnn and Travis said...

I know about the "sometimes it's hard not to complain." I just keep trying to remember to be thankful that I have such good jobs when so many are losing theirs or can't find one. There are days that I REALLY just wish that I could sleep in.

Amber Ada Reimann Burns said...

Jenny I can hardly believe that Brad is almost ready for kindergarten, but if Randy is still the house-dad then I bet he'll appreciate it! My complete empathy is for you having to leave your little ones at home to go to work. It kills me to leave Easton! No one has mentioned the job hunt for Randy to KC and I so we'll start praying for you. Glad you've had some visitors to keep you company.

The Hood's said...

So glad to hear the randomness! Still crossing my fingers for Randy (and you too)!