Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A priceless gift

Randy is impossible to surprise. In the 12 years I have known him I have only surprised him once. He always catches on when I try to pull the wool over his eyes. Keeping things disclosed even his feelings is quite a task for him.
Not only is it difficult to keep things from him, he can’t keep things to himself either. I always get my birthday, Christmas, and anniversary gifts well in advance. He can’t stand to keep the surprise from me.
Needless to say I was not shocked that I got my anniversary gift one whole month in advance. Even though it was early I was SURPRISED!!!




He printed my blog from last year into BOOK. I can’t believe that I wrote a book. I was so thrilled to hold the hard bound copy of MY writings in MY hands. All 183 pages. English was my WORST subject in school so this is quite an accomplishment for me. Obviously it is not published and there is not a soul who would want to buy a copy, but I will cherish it because it is mine and I am proud.

Thank you Randy…it’s a perfect gift. (Even if it came a little early)

16 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

That is awesome, I want to do that. Where did he get it done?

Katie said...

Yeah same question. Where did he get it done? It looks wonderful. And what a sweet husband... seriously! :)

Sara said...

That is awesome and especially that he kept it from you while he was making it. I have been working on getting mine organized and ready to print from last year. I am a little slow...I have just been SOOOO Busy!

The Hood's said...

What a great gift! I've not put mine to a book yet, hope to someday though! How nice of him to surprise you with it!
Hope you survived the snow! Winter is there already isn't it?!

Jenny said...

shared book
connect and remember

Jes said...

That is so cool! He did a great job!

Brett and Megan said...

Wow that is so cool. What a great gift!

Jenn said...

That is the most awesome gift! I never even would've thought of that, what a guy!!

Taren said...

I didn't know you could do that. How nice of him. My husband is the same way......can't stand waiting to give a good gift. I usually get all my gifts early as well. He always does an awesome job of surprising me though. I have a lot of stories to tell my kids one day.

natalie spratling said...

What a fabulous gift. I need to get my done.

Trisha said...

It looks so awesome! I would love to see it!

Darcie said...

What an awesome gift. I would love that. It is so priceless. I guess you can never complain about Randy forgetting your occaisions. He might be the only man out there 1 month ahead of their anniversary.

BreeAnn and Travis said...

That is awesome! I love it.

Rebecca said...

That is so cute! HOw thoughtful is he!

Annette said...

That's too thoughtful! He needs to spill the beans about where to get that done at. I've been thinking about it.

Tiffany said...

Brilliant idea. Way to go, Randy!