Friday, November 2, 2012

Thriller!!!!

I spent the second weekend in October in Salt Lake. Tori got tickets to go see Thriller:Oddesy Dance Company. It was awesome. I try to go every year and it never gets old. This year Kari brought Steven with. He was trying to pretend that he didn't want to go...but I KNOW he loved it.We didn't get any pictures since it was POURING rain. After the dance we went to Chili's. 



I came down the night before to spend some time with my mom and Julie. We went to Gardner Village to see the witches. We went early to try to beat the crowd. By the time we left it was packed.






This was my favorite witch display. It made me laugh out loud. 


Claire got to run around in a hay maze. Since we were there so early she had the whole place to herself. 



We went into a couple of the shops. I loved all the cute Halloween ideas. In one of them we tried on a bunch of funny glasses.






This one was Claire's favorite witch. She was standing right where the mist sprayed her face. 


I think Harrison was done shopping at this point.



After Gardner Village we went to the new City Creek Mall. I had not seen it and we wanted to go there to eat lunch.


It was beautiful. I couldn't believe how clean and nice it was. Since it was raining they had the roof out. It was weird because it felt like you were outside but looked like you were inside.


After lunch and shopping we jumped on the train and rode to the Clark Planetarium.While we waited for the train we were surrounded by tons of homeless people pan handling. One of them made my mom and I pretty nervous. He was yelling and screaming all kinds of colorful words. I didn't have any cash on me and he was ANGRY. I felt panicked especially since I had my kids with me. Thankfully the train came and we hopped on before it got out of hand. Moments like that make me glad I live in Richmond.



Walking on the moon...

...and mars.


Claire's favorite part was playing with "Newton's Dream". It is a huge 2 story kinetic structure with moving balls, bells, drums and other noisemakers. I couldn't peel her away from it. She could have played with it all day. 


On the train ride back it was raining pretty hard. This is her trying to get a peak of the Salt Lake temple through the train window.

It was a nice quick trip.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like you had fun! I can't believe Harrison is one!