Saturday, December 22, 2007

New Year Resolution

I thought I would get a jumpstart on my New Year’s resolution. Randy has been on my case for months about writing my history or writing in some kind of journal. He is so diligent in keeping one. I really enjoy reading his entries. I decided it was time to do something. Not to mention that I have had enough of the guilt. I love reading all of my girlfriend’s blogs. In fact I am a closet blog reader. I read them every morning. It is just as important to me as brushing my teeth every day. I love hearing about their lives and keeping in touch. It makes me feel less distant and busy. So, I guess blogging is going to be the closest thing right now to journaling, so here I go.

First, some minor housekeeping details. Randy and I married in 2001 (seems like yesterday). We had our son Bradley Blake in 2003. He will turn four in March. We just had our little girl Claire Ada on November 20th of this year. She is all ready 5 weeks old. Time sure flies.






Randy is finishing his degree in Business at the University of Utah this year. We can’t wait. School has become this terminal syndrome in our house. We keep thinking that one day when we grow up……we will have…….and we will be making………and we won’t be renting anymore……. Well here we are six years later and approaching our thirties and I still feel like we are not grown up yet. Maybe that will come when he graduates. Until then we are really enjoying life. I am able to work part time at the University of Utah Hospital in the trauma Operating Room. Randy only has to work part time so we get to spend a lot of time together. I am so grateful for that. We sleep in when the kids allow. And we love to watch rented movies from Blockbuster online (Best thing ever). Not that we don’t enjoy going to the theater but having 2 kids really puts the brakes on that idea.

Life is good maybe Randy being a student is not so bad. Grown ups come with added responsibility. I defiantly don’t need more responsibility.

And one more note... Thanks to all my dear friends for inspiring me. Thank you for your insight and stories. It is great to have such great women to look up to. You are fabulous.

2 comments:

lizzie said...

do you closet read my blog? glad to see you blogging!

natalie spratling said...

love the family facts, love the name claire, if i had had quads i would have use claire, it is such a swee name, you are such a cute mommy.