Monday, December 24, 2007

The poor lost sheep


Yesterday Randy did not have to go to Bishopric in the morning. I guess it was a little gift from the Bishop. Anyway since we had Randy home on a Sunday morning I decided to have a little family home evening. We were trying to teach Brad the nativity with my little Willow Tree set. We asked him why we had Christmas and what it was all about. Of course he says Santa and presents. We talked about the Baby Jesus and the Shepards. He was very preoccupied with the sheep. I don't know how much actually sunk in about the nativity, but by the end we at least got him to tell us that it was Jesus' Birthday, and Santa's of course. We let him say the closing prayer. I am so glad we did. It was so cute. He said " Please help the little sheep find the barn to see baby Jesus." I guess he listens more than I give him credit for. Thanks Brad for giving me a reason to smile. Kids can teach us so much if we just listen and give them the time.

No comments: