Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Decorating

Nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit better than putting up my decorations. I love to sit and enjoy the Christmas Tree.



Randy and I have cut down a fresh Christmas tree since the first year we were married. It has been a fun tradition we have really enjoyed. This year we were forced to do it a little different. Winter came a bit early this year and Northern Utah was plastered with a lot of snow. We did attempt to go out and cut down a fresh tree but came out unsuccessful. After an hour of trudging through waist deep snow with 2 little kids and not getting anywhere we decided our efforts were futile. We packed up and came home empty handed. We drove to Logan hoping to at least find a lot tree. Luckily we came across this little gem. It looked just like the small Charlie Brown trees we usually cut down on our own. Next year we will have to get our tree in October before the snow flies.

I found this little treasure while Randy and I were in Germany. He reminds me of the smell of bakeries and cobblestone paths. One day I want to go to Europe during Christmas. Can you imagine the bakeries during Christmas.

No comments: