Saturday, October 22, 2011

Food glorious food!!!

The next several days were spent weaning him off the TPN and Lipids in his IV to feedings. They started out VERY slow. He got about a teaspoon at time. Harrison thought it was a cruel joke. He did really good. He was very coordinated at eating. I was thrilled. Once he could tolerate food he was strong enough to finish about half of his feeding. The rest they put down a feeding tube in his nose.









The kids made all kind of cards and pictures for Harrison to hang in his room. Brad had the great idea to put a picture of Claire and him in Harrison's crib so he could see them. It was so thoughtful of Brad.



Randy decided to continue to work and save his time off until Harrison came home. My mom stayed with me and helped at home and took me to the NICU during the day.



I spent about 5-6 hours of the day back and forth in the NICU. After the kids went to bed Randy and I would go up together at night.

Once he was off the IV nutrition they were able to take out the IV. He was well enough to go to the window to see his brother and sister.





They were surprised at how small he was. I think in their minds they thought he was the size of a toddler. It was fun to read their lips through the glass.



Claire was trying to make Harrison smile. We couldn't hear her but she was making us laugh. She is so goofy.

No comments: