Saturday, October 22, 2011

Leaving the hospital

I came home the Sunday after he was born. It was so hard to leave the hospital without him but it was so good to be home with Brad and Claire. My mom stayed with us. While I was on bed rest she went home on the weekends to be with my dad and regenerate before coming back to Logan. She didn't go home and I was so glad to have her there to help. Randy and I settled in to life at home and life in the NICU. We had no idea how long Harrison was going to be there we just had to wait for him to come around and tell us he was ready.

Claire was really having a hard time with all the change. She didn't understand what was going on. All she knew was that the attention was not on her anymore. He nose was bent. She was an emotional wreck. She would wake up in the middle of the night sobbing. Not the fake dramatic cry but the deep down sad cry. She would wrap her arms around my neck tight and not let go. I think she was worried I was going to leave again. The next day my mom took her our for a girl day. They went shopping for a new outfit and went to lunch. Claire came home much happier. Shopping with grandma was so healing for her. She is a lucky girl.

No comments: