Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashback Friday




I was talking with my neighbor this morning about cooking. She asked me where I got my love for the kitchen. It brought back a flood of memories for me.

When I was little, my dad had us alone at night because my mom worked. At a very young age I was doing dishes, cleaning and cooking. I am surprised my memories are not bad. I make it sound like my dad was some sort of slave driver or something. Anyway I loved cooking for our family growing up. I still love to cook…I just hate cleaning up a mess afterward.

I really do appreciate my parents for teaching me very young how to be a good housekeeper. I am sure I would not have been so receptive had they waited until I was a teenager

5 comments:

Our Family said...

Don't let Brady read this, he'll be very jealous of Randy! I hardly EVER cook! I told him I really will be better when I don't have a full time job, but when I don't have a full time job, I'll be a full time mom...so we'll see, but I do plan to get better. Just after 8 hours of work, the last thing you want to do is cook and clean (which you might be exempt from because I know you work too!) I just don't enjoy it!

Annie said...

i had many a wonderful ccoking and eating experiences at the reimann house! you are adorable by the way!!

mickey said...

There is a great amount of truth in what you just said. My kids love to do the dishes and to help with dinner. Your statement is so true, I think they are learning it at a young age.

Taren said...

My kids love to help me cook. They get mad if I don't let them. I was one of the unlucky ones who had to learn when I got married. I think I can cook pretty well but I am by no means a master chef.

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Thats what I'm talking about! When my wife and I were dating I knew I had me a keeper when she always cooked for me. To the all the women who are friends with Jenny follow her example and your husbands will be happy.