Friday, November 21, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance -- Flashback Friday



I am at my mom’s house dropping off the kids before I have to run to work. My sister Julie is watching my kiddos today. I was looking on my mom’s computer and came across this picture. This was my Nursing School Graduation ceremony in June of 2003. What a relief that day was. I am so grateful that I finished school so I could put Randy through school. Being a nurse has been such a blessing for our family. The hours are really flexible and I am able to support our family while Randy finishes up his degree. I am thankful to live in a land with so much privilege, freedom, and knowledge.

6 comments:

Brett and Megan said...

My nursing graduation ceremony is on December 12th and I'm speaking!! I have no idea what to say but i am so excited to finally be done. I just found out last week that I got a spot in the ICU RN internship that starts in January and I'm very excited!!

natalie spratling said...

School days, school days, so glad that they are behind us:)

Stacy said...

Some day that day will come for me-- I hope!! You two look so young!

Our Family said...

Yeah, we definitely don't have that blessing! I wish I had a career all set so that I could get Brady through school. Poor guy has to put himself through school! But we are surviving with 2 good jobs for now! It may get interesting come baby time!

mickey said...

you are so blessed. and adorable too!

Annie said...

i'm so proud of you for finishing! oddly you look a lot like katie in that photo!