Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lazy days are NOT just for summer...


Claire’s hair is JUST long enough to pull back into scanty pigtails. It looks more like horns really!!! It takes me half an hour to accomplish this hairdo and only 2 minutes for her to conquer and destroy it.


After the hair battle I bundled Brad up and sent him outside to enjoy our first big snow fall of the year. We did have one little storm a couple of weeks ago but if was a mere skiff. By the time Brad had his boots on it was melted.



I went to check on Claire after sending him outside because suddenly the house was quiet. I found her in the bathroom. I think putting her hair in pigtail horns brings out the devil in her. And NO…she is not sporting a huge tongue ring; she got in my elastic drawer as well. Good thing she only found a tiny roll of TP.




I went back outside to check on Brad and he was so content to just lie on his back looking at the flakes falling on his face. I watched him lay there for 10 minutes. When he grew tired of not catching enough snow on his tongue, he rolled over and just started shoveling the snow in his mouth. Good thing it was a fresh snowfall. Can’t be any worse that sucking out of a gutter or drinking from the toilet.



Claire was pretty jealous of her big brother being outside so Brad was courteous enough to pop in the back door every once in a while to peck a kiss on her cheek.


I love snowy days.

9 comments:

Taren said...

How funny!!!!! I think every kid has to sneak in the bathroom at least once in their lifetime. The pigtails are cute. We love the snow days here as well. That was the first thing my kids wanted to do when they woke up this morning.

Sara said...

we didn't get any snow here. It RAINED! And Derek use to always make fun of me and the girls when I started pulling their hair back like that. I was just happy I could do something, Oh and about the movie tickets, my Sis Jenn's Bro - in-law is renting out a movie theatre so I probably am going to that so I don't have to fight lines.

katie said...

Go ahead and be excited about doing her hair. Just wait a few years. Or until you get a few more girls in your house. Seriosuly....doing their hair EVERYDAY is not always fun. My poor girls.

natalie spratling said...

Love the last photo, Brad is so sweet to little Claire...I cherish those moments.

Annie said...

we didn't get any either! for once:) how sweet of brad! he is so nice, just like his mom.

Our Family said...

I think her hair is cute like that too! And Brad really is so cute to her! She loves to give kisses...I got a couple from her as well. I remember loving the snow and playing in it, but I don't so much love it anymore. It's pretty to look at, but I don't like to feel the cold.

Stacy said...

Cute hair!! Man, when we get snow you don't, and when you get lots of snow we don't...What's up with that??
Clair is so cute!! I love the bathroom pic!

Steven and Kari said...

I love her hair even if it looks like horns!!! I wish I could be a kid again and play in the snow instead of going to school and work...

mickey said...

I love the way you put your life into words, and photos. Claire is a doll, how old is she? Natalie looks the same with our elastics in her mouth. How funny.

Brad is a great kid.