Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cedar and St. George

Where to begin….

THE GOLF…
Randy, Matt, Tim, Steven and Gene went to some posh golf courses. The kind where you have to tip the golf cart boys for washing your clubs, and the bathroom attendant for drying your hands. They even had GPS in the carts. (I guess you can get lost on the course) They played 54 holes in three days. Whew…they need a vacation from their vacation. Don’t you just feel sorry for them???




THE SCENERY...
Kari took us to the Parowan Gap. We climbed up some cool rocks and looked at some cool hieroglyphics. We asked Brad what he thought they were and he said X-Rays. I thought it was quite an intellectual response. I am always amazed at the landscape difference between Salt Lake and Southern Utah. I also love that someone planted palm trees in St. George. It makes you feel like you are out of state and on a real vacation.






THE FOOD…
Shirley made us some really good grub. Look at all of this good stuff. We stuffed our faces the whole time. Every meal was to die for.


Homemade wheat waffles with fresh strawberries.
Mango Salsa.
Here is the pumpkin roll I was raving about!!!
Gene's famous omelet
THE RECREATION…
The girls played a lot while the boys were gone. We went to a pool in St. George. (Sorry no pics in the pool. I am letting you use your imagination. Hopefully I look better in your vision of me in a bathing suit than in real life.) We visited a few parks, and packed a lunch and had a picnic. For dinner Friday night we all went to the Pizza Factory in St. George. They have those famous bread sticks. Again we stuffed ourselves.







THE COMPANY…
We really had a great time with each other. Thank you to Shirley and Gene for housing us for the weekend. They were great hosts and so fun to be around. Also a special thanks to Matt for sleeping in the same bed with our four year old. We had some great laughs, good fun and made some fantastic memories. Kamie and Kari even had a good cry while we watched a chick flick. We can’t wait until next year. And Steven…why is there a carrot in your nose? You are so 5 years old. You must be my baby brother.
















5 comments:

The Reimann's said...

I am so sad that it is all over.. . Well at least we had a fantasic time!!! Next year will be even better!!!

katie said...

I'm pretty jealous. I love a good road trip.

Annie said...

How fun! I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jennica said...

That looks like so much fun. I love road trips to St. George. The food looks awesome!

Stacy said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! And the food looks YUMMY!!