Thursday, May 8, 2008

A little R&R and some dang good food.

We are on our way to Mortensen Hotel!!!!
Kari grew up in Cedar City and her mom is gracious enough to host our family for the weekend. She has an empty nest and has welcomed the masses. Steve and Kari, Tim and Kamie, Matt, and Randy and I are going to spend the weekend golfing, swimming, hanging out and just plain eating ourselves to death. She is a fabulous cook. We went last year and she made a killer pumpkin roll that I have been craving uncontrollably. Not to mention the homemade waffles, and bean dip. I had good dreams last night. The weather in St. George is supposed to be 85 degrees so I am going to take the kids swimming and show my pasty white skin to the golden locals. Those poor souls.
The car is packed and I have plenty of junk food for the drive. I always overbuy in the junk food department. (Although I may come in second place compared to Kamie. She is well known for her goodies. The boys call it their feed bag. She takes good care of them.)

Adieu!!! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

natalie spratling said...

Have a fun weekend, just getting away from the same -old, same-old. You looked like your taking enough to last you... a few days. Have fun.

Stacy said...

Have fun!! Remember to put sunblock on every 15 min so you don't comeback looking like a lobster! There is nothing better than family, food, fun, and sun!!!

Eric Reimann said...

not fair i want to play

katie said...

I think a couple of my kids would fit in that trunk. Interested?