Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I would call this nesting except I am NOT pregnant...just anxious to decorate a house

I still have sick kids. We pretty much stayed cut off from the world for the weekend. Since we were spending so much time indoors Steven pulled out the paints and the canvas. I asked…well forced…actually sat on him and begged him until he had no choice but to oblige to my request to paint a picture for Claire’s new bedroom.


I hovered over him all day thorough his creative process. I was wetting my pants with anticipation to see the finished product.


The finished product…..

SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!! Haven't you always wanted a jellybean tree???

***Leave him a comment for me to puff him up a little with some good old pride.***

It is okay Steven. You can be proud of you masterpiece. Even though it is filled with purple….and not a robot or a skull or Abe Lincoln. ( I promise I will post about Abe Lincoln on a different day. It is a whole other story. )


He also let Brad test out his creative juices. You can tell this painting was influenced by the testosterone dripping blood that runs through his fischbone blood.

Since we were being all artsy and crafty, I put together this for Claire’s bedroom. I just wanted to showcase her beautiful middle name. She was named after my Grandma Ada. I loved her. And I love my daughter. She is so beautiful just like her name.


16 comments:

Steven and Kari said...

So Pretty!!! This weekend was so much fun, well except the sick kids part....

Brad and Rochelle said...

Those are all so awesome! I always like seeing Steven's paintings. I guess I will have to send Brad to pester him for a day so I can get a painting too! I have to say little Brad does pretty awesome. I probably couldn't do that good now. Reimann's/Fischer's are VERY talented!

Kam said...

Steven did a wonderful job on the painting!! Such tallent(I can't even draw stickmen quit right!!) But I must say that Claire's initials turned out darling!! Brad did a great job on his painting as well...is that going in the house?

Kim said...

I didn't know your little brother had so much talent. Back in the day, I only remember him as a bit of a trouble maker...all in good fun. Love his painting and all the other crafty stuff that went on that day.

Tiffany said...

First of all, I love the painting! I might have to sit on Steven should we ever cross paths.

And second, I love the name Ada! Ryan's grandma's name was Ada and if Max had been a girl, that would have been his name.

Jenn said...

You guys are so talented! I'm so jealous!

Andrea Campbell said...

Those turned out really cute! I'm excited for you guys getting a house. Good luck with closing and all that fun stuff. Let us know if you need any help with anything!

Jes said...

That is so cute! I love the initials and with the little letters ADA...well you should enter you house in the parade of homes with all you decorating stuff, I can't wait to see more!

natalie spratling said...

I want a jelly bean tree...Easter is coming soon. awesome job Steven - I didn't know you were an artist. Come to Montana and create something for us.

Taren said...

When you say Clair's new room, I guess that means you got the house. Congrats! I love all the art. A painted picture by someone you love is the best....especially when it is that cute. Brad's bat makes me laugh. He is a good little artist.

Annie said...

i never knew the reimanns had so much talent! and we wasted all that time making cookies!:) stevie, great job! if i ever have a baby i know who to call!!!

Kyle and Ashlie said...

Wow Steven! I love it, I'll have to take advantage of you being my neighbor when we redo Bridger's room when we have another baby! Jenny I love the letters as well, hurray for craft days!

Colie said...

Hi Jenny- I came across your blog from the would be writing guild, and since Tiffany's post was about blog comments... I felt that since I read your blog I should comment on it as well! I've been poking through your posts a bit- and you have an adorable family! It was great fun to check your blog out. Thanks for sharing! :)

Aaron Lisa corbin Jacob and Bennet said...

ask steven were corbin painting is

Rachel said...

OMGosh! Love the painting, love the innocence of it. I would totally buy it and decorate MY kid's room around it! Amazing! AND, Jen, the letters for Claire? Wow. That's all I can say. I am in awe with other's creativeness. That's why I just buy mine. :)

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

Holy cow!!! Tell Steven I want him to come help me with my room!! He did awesome! I really like it A LOT A LOT!! ha ha ha oh man good ol' Abe Lincoln.... I remember in their apartment when I walked in and I was trying to find their bathroom and BAM! There was Abe on the wall! It made me laugh so hard, but the first look kinda scared me! I love that about Stevie!!!! :] Bradley did such a good job! Holy wow... When we have our twilight watching party, maybe we need to pull out the paints!!!