Thursday, June 4, 2009

Catch up...and Relax

This last week has been so fun to actually live in a house and actually do things that real families do together. My kids have had so much fresh mountain air!!!

I started my new job in the Operating Room. I love the new girls I work with. It is still really hard to be the new girl in a new place and new job, but I know that with time I will feel more comfortable and confident. I am so thankful I am able to work in such an economic stressful time. I love getting off in the early afternoon and spending the rest of the night with my family.

Saturday night we drove down the street and came across a canyon in our BACKYARD!! I LOVE living right against a mountain. We drove to the top and found some cool trails and places to camp. We can literally pull the trailer for 5 minutes and be on vacation. I think we will be saving on the gasoline bill this summer.




Sorry about the blurry pics. We were a little unprepared and only had the camera phone.


We unpacked the kids rooms first so they would have a place to play. Even though they have their own rooms they prefer to be together. They have slept and played in the same room since Claire was born so it has been quite an adjustment to separate them. Brad is so good to his little sister even though she is a little pill to Brad.



We have been eating a lot of fatboys since moving here. I love that the home of the famous ice cream sandwich and creamies are a small drive away. I can’t wait to visit the Pepperidge Farm and the Cheese factories around here.



Brad has been begging us to take his training wheels off his bike since last summer. We have been so neglectful and found every excuse not to take them off. .. Once you take them off you have to be by his bike-side 24/7 if you know what I mean. Randy took them off for him on Wed and he was an automatic pro. He needed almost NO coaching. Shame on us for waiting so long. Brad is really enjoying the new freedom of only 2 wheels. We have to drag him in the house every night.


Tuesday night Cache was hit with a gnarly rain storm. I haven’t seen a summer storm like it in years. There was so much lightning, the thunder never let up. We sat on our porch and enjoyed about a 30 minute show. Randy even caught some of the lightning on camera.






The electricity in the air make my arm hairs stick straight up. It was friggin cool!!!

11 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Glad that you like your new job, we miss you! Germany looked awesome! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Kim said...

So happy to hear you are settled, working and living a normal life now!

Tiffany said...

Glad to see you back! Love the pictures!

Andrea Campbell said...

We can't wait to see your house! We were in Preston for Memorial Day but you guys were in Germany! We'll have to find a time to get up there and see you guys.

Taren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taren said...

I am so jealous you can camp 5 min away. I think it is so cool that Brad got his training wheels off. I think it will be at least another year for Colton. There are too many hills where we live.

Kam said...

I continue to be jealous that you are in Cache Valley!! It is so beautiful. We miss you guys so much and can't wait to come up an see you!!! I am so happy that things are going so well. Ya'll deserve it.

Rachel said...

So good to hear from you!

The Hood's said...

Glad you're back to the real world! Glad to hear that your job is going well too!
I am so happy that you guys are settled in your house, and so close to the mountains! Cache valley is SO beautiful!
Can't wait to see more pics of the house and your trip to Germany!
The kids are darling as usual, and you're such a great mom!

BreeAnn and Travis said...

I'm glad to know you were in Germany--we were beginning to wonder if you had forgotten about us Wellsvillians! I STILL need to see your house. I'm thinking BBQ--what do you think?

natalie spratling said...

I am catching up..What a fun trip to Germany. love the pictures of the storm and to hear what you and your little fam have been up to. Cache Valley, that is where Bruce would love to live if we were still in Utah. Such a great little town and so close to ice cream what a bonus!