Thursday, November 5, 2009

Grow old along with me....the best is yet to be

It seems like I blink and another year goes by. I remember when I was younger I used to wish my life away. If only I could be 12 years old….I can’t wait until I am sixteen…when I graduate…I can’t wait for collage to be over.
Randy and I celebrated our 8th anniversary this week. It feels like we have been together for so much longer than that. I am convinced we have always been a part of each other. I can’t imagine life without him. Nor do I want to remember what life was like without him being a part of it.
We had a ton of accomplishments to celebrate. It has been a monumental year for us. I finally feel like I have grown up. Randy graduated, we bought a home, Randy landed an amazing job, and I am finally spending more time at home with my 2 beautiful children.

I am at a point that I don’t want to rush through life anymore. I feel a sudden urgency to slow down. I am panicked that I am missing out. I don’t know if it is waking up to a new gray hair every morning, or the awesome crow’s feet that don’t fade like sleep lines anymore, or the ache in the bottom of my feet first thing in the morning. I have made a fresh intention to savor moments. I am going to live in the day to day and stop wishing myself to a certain peak in my life. I am not really sure when life peaks but I know it is rapidly approaching and I hear it is a fast ride downhill.

Today…
I am grateful for an amazing husband who still sends me flowers. Randy always makes me feel special and important. He still strokes my hair and tells me that he loves me. He puts up with me and my estrogen too. I am grateful that my children have an awesome daddy to look up to. They adore him and he adores them as well. I am grateful that he works so hard and does so much for our family.




Thank you Randy for the flowers and the ritzy upscale dinner. I cherished looking at you across the candlelit table with a crisp linen in my lap. Your cute boyish grin melted my heart. I felt loved and wanted. You are the best and I love you dearly. I can’t wait to spend another year with you.

9 comments:

Annie said...

i thought about you both on the 4th. happy anniversary!! i just love you and love your cute little family! here's to many many many more years!!!

Sara said...

I hear ya jenny! I just want Derek to get done with School already so we can get back up to Cache Valley but at the same time I am wanting to take it slowly cause I am realizing how big my girls are getting. I remember how small all of our kids were when we first met and now they are all in school! SO CRAZY!

Marcy M Miller said...

Congrats!I'm glad that we could watch your kids, your should've told us it was your anniversary!

Taren said...

You guys are too cute. I totally know what you are saying. I am so glad I picked the right guy for me too. Your Halloween looked like so much fun. I unfortunately spent the day in the hospital with a bunch of cranky nurses.

natalie spratling said...

Happy Anniversary, my sweet little yw. Cherish every moment it does speed up.

Trisha said...

You guys are so cute!

The Hood's said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversay! You've been so busy since I last checked your blog! The kids are DARLING in their costumes, Claire's hair is to die for!
One of these years we are going to make it to the pumpkin walk. Our friends lived up there during school, and they still drive up there from Lehi every year to do it.
Looks like you've had tons of fun parties, and making lots of memories!

Darcie said...

What a moving post. I really appreciate it and needed to read it. I rush life away a lot and I never like myself in the end.
What a wonderful couple you guys make.

Tiffany said...

So sweet! Happy anniversary you two!