Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am feeling a bit mushy today



I woke up to a complete white out this morning. It instantly made me turn on some Christmas music and drink hot chocolate while mating my 3 week pileup of clean socks. (Does anyone else do that… wait until you have no socks in the drawer to mate the clean socks???) Anyway it made me feel all mushy and warm inside. I love this time of year. It is a great time for me to reflect on the good things that are happening in my life.



The snow has continued to fall and fall and fall. In fact Brad is outside with the neighbors sledding. I think he is feeling a little warm and fuzzy too.








I know that I am mentally ready for the mountain winter but as you can see we are not yet physically ready for it. We left out some garden tools, the BBQ is not covered and Brad’s shoes are still out on the back porch.



Randy was invited by a good friend to go bird hunting this morning. I got a TXT from him this morning with this picture that said “DUCK ON SUCKER”. He is obviously in good spirits…I would say giddy, and cheerful maybe even joyful and triumphant. It quickly made my mushy feelings vanish…what am I supposed to do with that bird??? I know duck is quite the delicacy, but I am no iron chef. I don’t know how to braise duck then render it in its fat?!?!? What in the heck do I do with it? And wont we get lead poisoning from the tiny little shotgun bullets??

3 comments:

Steven and Kari said...

It is snowing here as well, happy day! Randy that is one sexy duck that you are puckering up too!!

Sara said...

Good Luck with that Duck! Derek says that Duck is GROSS! And it just barely stopped snowing here. We have about 2.5 inches! YEAH!

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

Hot chocolate weather is here and I am so excited.