Saturday, November 21, 2009

His story to the nurses was "I was ZOOMING down our driveway...

We made almost 5 years without any major accidents with Brad. Only a few bumps and bruises here and there.




We bought Brad a new scooter a couple of weeks ago and with that came a trip to the hospital.

He broke his humerus right at the bottom. It is hard to tell from this X-ray but he chipped a whole piece of bone off. Luckily it is not displaced and should heal well where it is. It was too swollen to cast at the hospital so he gets a permanent cast on Monday. He was so tough even though he was in a TON of pain. Every time they would manipulate his arm he would get a quiver lip but he held himself together so well.

I asked Brad what the worst part was and he said when they bent his elbow it to splint it. Then I asked him what the best part was and he said the crackers and the juice afterward. He is so easy to please.

10 comments:

Sara said...

you are so AWESOME Bradley! Way to be tough and I love that your are ZOOMING! Keep having fun just don't make your mom take you to the hospital again! Love and miss you all!

Aaron Lisa corbin Jacob and Bennet said...

leave it to brad, it was about time something like ths hapened

Tiffany said...

Awwwww! What a tough guy!

Steven and Kari said...

Poor Boy! I send hugs and kisses to him!

Katie said...

Yep! He's definitely a lot tougher than I am. Wow!! A cast and all. You're so brave little guy. :)

Darcie said...

Poor Brad, what a trooper. I hope it heals up okay.

Trisha said...

He looks so brave!

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

Oh my gosh I had no idea! We love right next door and didn't even know. When did this happen?

Andrea Campbell said...

Poor guy! I keep hoping we avoid that kind of thing ourselves. I guess you can't keep them injury free forever.

Annette said...

Hopefully everything heals fast. Life can be so frustrating some days!