Monday, November 2, 2009

This year randy and I hosted not only All Hallows Eve but All Hallows Weekend

We invited all of the Fischers to come and celebrate the weekend with us. It was a riot!!!



We started the festivities on Friday night. The boys all stayed home to watch the Jazz game and the girls went and saw Michael Jackson’s “This Is It”. I loved it. I grew up listening to his music so it was really fun for me. Plus the company was wonderful. It was so hard to contain myself and not dance and sing in the aisles. I hope it comes out on video so I can watch it from the privacy of my own home.




Claire has always had a thing for her uncles. She adores them. I think they kinda adore her too.



On Saturday we wolfed down enough food to last a lifetime. I have not consumed that much food in a long time. I have a hard time saying no to party food. It is my weakness.




We spent a chunk of time in the morning carving pumpkins. This has been a HUGE tradition for Randy and I so it was fun to pass it along.

Then we had to munch on snacks some more…








In the afternoon most of the group went shotgun shooting. There is a nice little gun range just up the street from us. Look at these girls!!! Their husbands should be very afraid.








For dinner we had soup bowls with chili because we needed to wolf more food…
We were excited for it to get dark to see the pumpkins lit up. We were all like little kids.

Randy's hanging man

Kendra's evil tinkerbell


Matt's zombies

Brad's grandma gave him a HUGE pumpkin they grew in their garden. It was big enough to carve three patterns. Matt was nice enough to carve 2 for Brad. Then he picked Tiger woods.


Lance's Jesus



In memory of Michael Jackson. This was mine. I even made everyone listen to MJ music while we carved. They were all such good sports to humor me.



Tori's Alumni pumpkin

The kids were all ready energetic and hyper with all the treats and company but their vigor exploded into overdrive once their costumes were on and the jack-o-lanterns were lit.






I LOVED Lance and Kendra's costume. A pig and a donut. It was so creative.











They looked so enchanting and spooky in costume.



After taking the kids around the block to trick or treat, Randy Matt Lance and Tim hid in the dark on the porch to scare the older trick or treaters. They scared some of them pretty good. They are so mean. But I guess teenages that still feel the need to trick or treat deserve a good scare.



Sunday morning we were starving so we had a huge omelet breakfast. I would not want anyone to starve. After church all had a sugar crash. We were worn out.
I always get the blues when they all leave. I love Randy’s family and I am so glad they came.

9 comments:

Kam said...

I love spending time in Richmond with you guys and wished we could do it more often! Thank you for the fantastic weekend. You and Randy are great hosts.

Steven said...

i wish we could have been there

Annie said...

i am super impressed with the pumpkins!!! and consider yourself lucky that only party food is your weakness. i think all food is my weakness, except maybe vegetables!!!

(oh, i hear there will be NO maddox this year! there is a god:)!!! i can't wait...)

Sara said...

The pumpkins looked great. And I can't wait to come to your house for the Christmas Party. MIss you guys a ton

Jenn said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! The kids looked sooo cute in their costumes!

Myrna said...

The weekend was the BEST! Great Food, Great Family, the SWEETEST Grand kids, What more could you ask for? You were the Perfect Hosts! Thanks so much!

Darcie said...

What a great weekend. I have never seen such awesome pumpkins. You guys go all out. I love Claire's orange wig, its so cute.

natalie spratling said...

Love the pumpkins they are amazing. Love the pictures of your sweet little trick-or-treaters.

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

How fun! I loved all of your costumes! You all looked so great!!!