Friday, September 12, 2008

Flash Back Friday

I wanted to start recording some of the oldie but goodie memories that I have stored up in my brain. I have all these pictures scanned with no story to go with them. Maybe if I just start tackling them one at a time once a week I will make a small dent.

This picture is from a Float my Uncle Jon designed for a Days of 47 Parade. The Float had a HUGE and I mean HUGE mommy duck and this little duck was pulled behind her. The mommy duck held ALL of the Reimann’s in the big float. I for some reason was chosen to ride in the baby duck along with my Aunt Kristi, Brother Eric and Cousin Amber. I got to wear a little white dress and hold that darling umbrella. Oh my, that umbrella was my life for the next few weeks. It was the most girly girl thing I owned. I loved it. I felt like a princess for weeks.

4 comments:

natalie spratling said...

Jenny, absolutely love the giant duck! I have many days of 47 parade pictures of us in the lovely parade...it's what we all did growing up - oh the memories. I have to dive through my photos and find one. Your picture made me smile, it brought back so many fond memories. Love your little white umbrella, what a sweet little girl:)

mickey said...

I rode in the parade for years on horse back. It was quite the parade. Good times, thanks for sharing.

lizzie said...

i love memories! thanks for sharing.

Taren said...

I miss those simple pleasures. I guess I still get really excited over little things like a new pair of shoes.
Love the memories. What a good idea.