Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Utah State Fair 2008

We took the kids to the Utah State Fair yesterday. For those of you who enjoy people watching…this is the place for you. There is such a variety of specimens. I am not talking the “Carnies” either. The bearded lady and Siamese twins don’t count. I am talking about the people who pay to get in. I could spend hours watching.
Brad got a kick out of sticking his face through all the cutouts. He is easily amused. I loved the Fair Food. I am unfortunately attracted to REAL corn dogs, funnel cake, spiral fries, caramel apples…you get the picture. Randy really enjoyed the stocked pond. He got to help Brad catch a fish. We let Brad bring a couple of dollars he had earned. He decided to spend it on the Big Yellow Slide. I shouldn’t have been surprised but he wanted to do it all by himself. He sat at the top for a while contemplating… but then mustered up all his courage and came down alone. We were so proud.

Then it was off to the STINKY barn to see the STINKY animals. We couldn’t get Claire too close to the side rails. She wanted to hop in the cages with the animals. One of the goats felt bad for her and came up over the cage to say hi. I was a little nervous…don’t goats bite??? Anyway all her fingers and toes are in tact and she still loves animals.
The fair has a cute “kid size farm”. Brad had a lot of fun pretending. However he did not appreciate the cow at all. I made him touch the udder just for pictures. Poor kid…I don’t think he will grow up to be a dairy farmer. In the end they get to cash in for all their work and pick something out of the country store. He chose an APPLE!!! I tried to talk him into a cookie, chips, or even a chocolate milk. He wouldn't have it. He wanted fruit. I don't know where this kid comes from. Must be Randy's genes.

2 comments:

mickey said...

Isn't the State Fair fun? We went on the first day and loved it. My kids loved the little kids farm too! Darn camera batteries died on me just after we got in, so we didn't get as many cute pictures as you did [i love them!]

Did you get to see the "Variety Show" guy? He was by the big yellow slide, and well worth the time. He was good people watchin' for sure.

I'm glad you all had such a nice time.

Did you like the new pics I took of my kids, on my blog? I copied you and used a black sheet, it was awesome...no more paying Kiddie Kandids. ;)

Kim said...

Funnel cake.....ummmmmm!